Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Block Services not working

deswa
Aspirant

Block Services not working

So I've added a customer service on the router for the kids XBOX - it covers all ports assigned to their IP. I've created a schedule...all easy so far.

No matter what I do or how I change it, the blocking of services should mean the XBOX can't get any traffic. The XBOX has been assigned it's static IP - the service covers the entire range of TCP/UDP ports and at 7pm every day of the week I should hear the kids moaning because their Internet connection is gone. But nothing happens.
I've tried the same thing for the iPad and iPhone and still the same - they still have Internet and they shouldn't

Am I going crazy or am I just stupid and missed something incredibly simple? I'd really love some help please.

Message 1 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Block Services not working

service type =ALL
ports blocked start 1
ports block end 65535

set a schedule then select per schedule

use address reservations so you can enter a IP range to block multiple devices

If they are already on a site it may not block it.
Message 2 of 4
deswa
Aspirant

Done all that. Like I said, it looked real simple to set up and it was but it just doesn't work. I'ven even tried blocking all IP's from all services, rebooted everything and nothing changes. It simply won't work :mad:
Message 3 of 4
G_Fall
Novice

I've had a DGND for 2 or 3 years and never been able to get anything blocked. Like DESWA said, the setup, according to the instructions, appears to be straightforward but nothing gets blocked.
I'd be interested to see if anyone has had any success with this feature.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series