Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Chromecast 2015

BBruno
Aspirant

Chromecast 2015

I have a router Netgear DG834G (with WI FI extender TP Line) . I purchased the new Chromecast 2015 ;after some days it worked properly with my I Phone and my notebook,Chromecast stopped to work. I have contacted Chromecast Support which suggested some modifications on my router (on UPnP,IGMP,VPN )and informing that those modifications could affect the proper way to work of my Router (I had even a list of routers which can work without problems) . I wish to avoid any problem with my Wi Fi sistem; any suggestion on how I can have Chromecast working without danger for my WI FI system ? Thks

Message 1 of 3
clithes
Prodigy

Re: Chromecast 2015

I find I have problems with my Chromecast when my kit is connected to different Wi-Fi networks.  You've mentioned you have a Wi-Fi Extender.  Have you set that up so that it is a different Wi-Fi network to your Router Wi-Fi ?  

If so, make sure your Chromecast and whatever other kit you are using (iPhone, notebook etc) are both connected to the same Wi-Fi 

Message 2 of 3
BBruno
Aspirant

Re: Chromecast 2015

I am sure that all my devices are connected to the same WI FInetwork.My  Chromecast,immediately after the installation, worked perfectly  for some days, both with my notebook and Iphone,then it stopped to work (and this sounds strange to me). Google Service told me that the problem is the connection with the router (Netgear) ; that is the reason I asked the Netgear community if somebody had already suffered for the same problem

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7