Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D6300 line dropping

gib
Aspirant
Aspirant

D6300 line dropping

I'm really struggling :confused::mad:with this product which loses connection every few hours.
The ADSL line has been checked several times by my provider- we are a way from the exchange and bandwidth has always been narrow
The green internet connected light stays on but in Genie I get internet disconnected red bar.
I have updated firmware + hard reset to V30
Ive read the forum extensively and toggled QoS.
Any thoughts - Do I have a duff router-or are there other things to try?
Thanks
Message 1 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: D6300 line dropping

The ADSL line has been checked several times by my provider- we are a way from the exchange and bandwidth has always been narrow

You mean you are almost end of the line for DSL service? Far away from the exchange (DSLAM)..

If you already told by the your ISP that you are too far from the exchange then that is probably going to be your issues.
Message 2 of 5
gib
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your response June, however, by mentioning distance from exchange I was saying that it has been checked out and was not the reason for line dropping.

iVe read a lot about interference from other two.4Ghz eletrical devices on various forums and wonder if others have had experiences of LINE DROP in the way Ive descibed above either because of other equipment interfering or something specific to this router (which has cost me more than any other and has brought me a big pile of problems with hourly resets.)
Message 3 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

If wired to the router does not have any effect then start looking at channel interference issues
Message 4 of 5
pinkbytes
Aspirant

You may use inSSIDer. This will allow you to see all the neighboring wireless network and find out which channel is less congested and then you can adjust the router wireless channel to reduce the interference from other wireless network. Please go to the link below to learn more about the program and how to use it. http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7