Aspirant

Re: D6400 keeps dropping internet connection

Thank you.

Message 26 of 33
Al_uk1977
Aspirant

David

I didnt get a solution, rather I got fed up with the poor customer service and lack of support from Netgear and returned the router and got a refund.

Netgear support would not discuss the problem unless I paid for a supoort contract which was crazy given the router was lesa than 6 months old. Shame as I uaed to have faith in the brand.
Message 27 of 33
david70382
Aspirant

Yes my faith has been shaken but after loading the .38 firmware and doing a re-boot to factory spec it seems to be holding for now (2 days so far).

But I just haven't got the confidence in the brand that I used to have.

Shame.

Message 28 of 33
M-B
Apprentice
Apprentice

My D6400 has been quite reliable up to now but over the last 6 weeks I have had one or two random disconnections from the Internet. It looks like the router performs some sort of re-boot as the Wi-Fi also drops momentarily. I connect to BT Infinity (VDSL) and have had no other issues up to now, with good consistent speed. I am on the latest firmware.

I am concerned that my D6400 is starting to fail and I am getting closer to the 12 moth warranty period. Any suggestions?

Message 29 of 33
david70382
Aspirant

The latest firmware .44 (I think) has completely solved my dropped connection issues.

All I can suggest is that you make sure you have the latest firmware.

Sorry it's a bit 'generic' but it's the best I can come up with.

Good luck,

David

Message 30 of 33
M-B
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, I already have the latest 1.0.44 firmware installed.

I get the feeling the router is crashing and re-booting as the error logs only display from when the problem occurs.

Message 31 of 33
david70382
Aspirant

All I can suggest now is that you send this in as a new post, rather than tacking it onto this old one.

Presumably you might get the attention of one of the 'Techy Crew' who might have some answers.

I'm only a user of the product and know little. Also I have a wired network and the wi-fi turned off because of my wife's electro-magnetic sensitivity (they say for better/for worse after all) and so have little experience of wi-fi heavy issues.

Sorry.

David

Message 32 of 33
M-B
Apprentice
Apprentice

I reset the router to factory defaults and then reconfigured it again. Since then I have had no dropping of the internet conenction.

Message 33 of 33
Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7