Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 Freeze / Lock up

arb44
Aspirant

D7000 Freeze / Lock up

Had this D7000 for 4 months without issues. This router is now hard locking after every day.  Wired LAN is down and the router interface cannot be accessed.

Have tried the latest firmware and factory resets but the problem still persists.

It also seems incredibly difficult to log a ticket to return this.

Ideas?

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: D7000 Freeze / Lock up

Hello arb44

You will have to contact support if there is a hardware issue with the unit.

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
arb44
Aspirant

Hello

I've found I have no problems with stability if i disable the wifi entirely.  There is definitely a fault here.

It seems although I have a warranty on the device, i need to pay to initiate an return or to get someone to troubleshoot this.  Is that right?  I've never seen a vendor insist on that before.

Message 3 of 5
NByronGriffin
Initiate

I'm having the same problem. Posted a new discussion, so maybe I can get some help with it. Can't believe the amazing wifi router will only work with wifi disabled. What crap is that? Hope Netgear get's it fixed very quickly. Would hate to think the router is that expensive and total trash.

Message 4 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello NbyronGriddin

Have you tried to isolate the issue by removing all the wifi devices on the network and connect one at a time to see maybe if a device on the network is causing the issue?

DarrenM

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7