Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 Not connecting to Optus FTTN NBN

Stix
Aspirant

Re: D7000 Not connecting to Optus FTTN NBN

In the Whirlpool thread, someone has mentioned that they have had their D7000 working on Optus FTTN but it is no longer working.
Message 26 of 29

We call it FTTC here in the UK. Fibre to the cabinet.

If you haven't already, try searching around here for NBN. It is a constant topic.

For example:

Solved: D7000 Not connecting to Telstra FTTN NBN - NETGEAR Communities

Then there is this:

What is an NBN network and is my NETGEAR DSL modem router compatible? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Oh, and you can still use the D7000 as a router with whatever modem your ISP provided.

Message 27 of 29
Stix
Aspirant

Thanks again - I was thinking that it was 🇦🇺 centric language. 🙂

From what I've read, getting success with the D7000 and Optus FTTN in Australia is a bit of hit and miss so probably an incompatibility issue somewhere.
Message 28 of 29

Indeed. You and I may think DSL is DSL, but, like IPv6, it seems to come in different flavours that ISPs, in their wisdom, choose even when they are rare. And Netgear's products do not support all flavours.

Perhaps our markets, Oz and the UK, are too small to make it worth writing firmware that works for us.

That is why the modem + router option may suit some people. The modems that come from ISPs are usually less capable than those we can buy. It is probably better than chucking the thing away.

Message 29 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 13 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7