Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 - READYSHARE network problems after changing to access point

nigelpstanley
Aspirant

D7000 - READYSHARE network problems after changing to access point

in the past

I have recently reconfigured my D7000 as an access point (as I have changed to cable internet and needed a new router). Everything works fine except READYSHARE

I have run two USB hard disks successfully before making the change. But I now have issues connecting to them via the network.

On my Windows 10 PC I now have two network locations - one called D7000 and one called READYSHARE.

Each time I boot up my PC one of these will work. I can use it to connect to the READYSHARE drives and I can map a network drive and use the storage as normal.

But the next time I boot up the PC the network drives will not connect. If I connected using the READYSHARE network location the last time, the drives have now moved to D7000. I can again map a network drive and use as before. But the next time I boot up the PC the connections have gone back to READYSHARE. And so on and so on.

It's frustrating.

Everything is up to date on my D7000, and I can see the READYSHARE connections as you would expect when I log in with a browser.

Is this a bug or is there a fix?

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: D7000 - READYSHARE network problems after changing to access point

You might do a search for readyshare support information to see if anything helps out.

https://www.netgear.com/search/?col=10&f.category.size=100&f.document_type.size=100&f.live_price.ran...

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the DSL Modem products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with DSL modems and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/DSL-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-dsl-modems-routers

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 4
nigelpstanley
Aspirant

thanks. Will do.

Message 3 of 4

@nigelpstanley wrote:

thanks. Will do.

So we now have the same message appearing twice in this section. Thus displaying the chaos and confusion that reigns when people try to organise this place as they think fit without even trying to answer the query.

Pity you were told to repeat that message. I will leave you to the tender mercies of the person who told you to duplicate your request for help.

Sorry about that.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7