Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 VPN broken after 1.0.1.74 firmware

silverfoot
Aspirant

D7000 VPN broken after 1.0.1.74 firmware

Hi,

just updated firmware to 1.0.1.74 on my D7000, and lost remote access via the built in VPN, which was working just fine previously. Tried all the usual options (clearing openVPN settings etc), but no joy.  Is reverting to the previous firmware the best option here or is there a fix in progress?

thanks.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
myersw
Master

Re: D7000 VPN broken after 1.0.1.74 firmware

With the crappy firmware Netgear is putting out I would suggest you revert to the version that was working for you. NG for maybe a year now, has been going through building and releasing really buggy firmware with the same issues from release to release. Seems they farmed the firmware out to third part off shore outfit. 

Message 2 of 5
silverfoot
Aspirant

rolled the firmware back, VPN still not working. Can't think why... most annoying.  Going to have to try changing the various settings to see if some changes have been made in the config with the various firmware changes.

Message 3 of 5
silverfoot
Aspirant

ok, after clearing the config on win10 openVPN client, can now connect again using the 1.0.1.70 firmware, so at least that's something.  Still need to get my OS X client (tunnelblick) working, but guess that's now just a config issue on the client rather than a router problem now.

Message 4 of 5
extreme79
Tutor

unfortunately for me firmware downgrade does not worked. Downgraded to .70 but same issue, my mobile openvpn refuse to connect due to certificate error.

I also played the card of certificate re-creation and re-upload on the router, but that not solved the issue.

There's something else, somewhere.

No more netgear in my life.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7