Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 Wifi button not working during radios off becasue of schedule

xalbe
Initiate

D7000 Wifi button not working during radios off becasue of schedule

Hello, I have a new D7000. Wifi schedule automatically turns off both radios during the night (Wireless Setting -> Advanced set-up). Occasionally I need to use wifi at night time and I want to manually turn radios on by pressing the phisical wifi button on the router. This is not possible in my D7000 while I could easily do this on Netgear WNDR4500.

I wonder if my unit is faulty or if the feature is completely missing in this model. I could not solve the issue with Netgear support but before asking a replecement with the same model I would need to understand if the functionality would be anyway missing on D7000.

Can anyone simulate what I am describing ? Try to turn both radio wireless on manually when they are off due to automatic schedule.

Thanks in advance for help
Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: D7000 Wifi button not working during radios off becasue of schedule

Hello xalbe 

I do not believe this is possible since the router is sticking to the schedule that is set you may want to make this request in our idea exchange page.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello xalbe 

I do not believe this is possible since the router is sticking to the schedule that is set you may want to make this request in our idea exchange page.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
xalbe
Initiate

Hello Darren,

I managed to talk with Netgear Technical Support and they confirmed that for security reasons the button is disabled on purpose when radios are off due to schedule.

I posted anyway an idea in the link you suggested as I think in some cases like mine there should be the option to enable it (ie if you do not have kids).

Thanks for support
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7