Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 in AP mode and embedded switch

Graphicomp
Aspirant

D7000 in AP mode and embedded switch

Dear Community,

I own a D7000 WI-FI modem router and I need to set it up in AP mode.

I'd like to know if the embedded gigabit switch can be used in congiunction to the wifi hot spot.

I mean, can the embedded gigabit ports accept wired connections, in addition to the wireless connection, at the same time? Can the D7000 be used like a wired and wireless access point at the same time?

The user manual reports that when the D7000 is used in AP mode, some features are disabled. Does someone of you know what features will no longer be available?

Thank you so much for helping me.

Kind regards,

Danilo Belardinelli

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: D7000 in AP mode and embedded switch

the switch will work along with WIFI any function that requires routing will not work

guest isolation

QOS

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

the switch will work along with WIFI any function that requires routing will not work

guest isolation

QOS

Message 2 of 5
Graphicomp
Aspirant

Great! Thank you!

Danilo

Message 3 of 5
Graphicomp
Aspirant

Excuse me, I've forgotten to post another question...

We found that the embedded switch works along the Wireless access point. Let me make an example: I have a NAS connected to the "main" router, e.g. a R7000, via UTP Cat6 cable (the router may be connected to the WAN) and I have the D7000 set in AP mode in cascade to the R7000. 

If I connect a computer to one of the gigabit ports of the D7000 set in AP mode, which is the bandwidth that I can "see" and use? Can I take advantage of the gigabit cabling? Does the embedded switch act as a "normal" external switch?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Danilo

Message 4 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos