Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 shows full signal, connection, but unable to connect to netgear network several times daily

Martyshka
Aspirant

D7000 shows full signal, connection, but unable to connect to netgear network several times daily

I bought a new router to boost the signal strength in parts of the house.  The signal is stronger throughout the house now. However, many times throughout the day we are having problems connecting to the netgear network - won't connect at all.  Signal strong on all devices. Modem also shows wireless working fine. Just can't connect. Sometimes it says move closer to the modem (even when right next to it).  Other times it doesn't recognise password.   Switching off modem and re-starting seems to work - and sometimes switching wifi on / off on laptop etc then trying again. But need to keep doing this throughout the day.  Can anyone help please? I'm very inexperienced...

Message 1 of 5
Al94
Apprentice

Re: D7000 shows full signal, connection, but unable to connect to netgear network several times dail

Honest advice - return it to the retailer and buy a different make. That's what I did and have had absolutely trouble free wifi and networking since. You can see from other threads here the ongoing issues.

Message 2 of 5

Re: D7000 shows full signal, connection, but unable to connect to netgear network several times dail

Which firmware version are you using?

Is this just the 2.4GHz bands?

This might help:

Nighthawk D7000 2.4Ghz WiFi issues - NETGEAR Communities

Message 3 of 5
Martyshka
Aspirant

Thanks. What did you end up getting instead?
Message 4 of 5
Martyshka
Aspirant

I called Netgear support and they talked me through the process to ensure latest firmware installed and reset the router. I thought it solved the problem. But a few hours later the problems started again - getting kicked off the network, not recognising password and so on. Thanks for referring me to the other thread - seems to be a well known issue with this modem.
Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7