Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7800 VPN not connecting

Papadom
Follower

D7800 VPN not connecting

Hi guys,

I'm having problem with the D7800 VPN. I can connect it when "Clients will use this VPN connection to access" is Auto. But the client public ip won't change if using this mode.

However, when I switched to "All sites on the Internet & Home Network" It won't even connect. The client was able to find the router but it disconnected instantly.

I'm using openVPN on iphone, there's error in the log. - TUN_SETUP_FAILED option_error: option 'route-gateway' must have at least 2 arguments[ERR]

Router firmware: 1.0.1.10

Could anyone help please.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: D7800 VPN not connecting

Hello papadom

You may want to take a look at this KB

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29826?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
al3x88
Aspirant

HI Darren,

that works fine but just when you don't have to let the clients use the home's internet connection, in both modes the route-gateway parameter is not set by openvpn server.

So there might be a configuration issue when the option to tunnel internet is active.

Would be nice to have it fixed

Message 3 of 6
Adham
Apprentice

Hello Darren,

None of the options available is working for me:

WRWRWRWRWRWRWWRWWWWTue Dec 20 03:10:11 2016 us=4679 TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)                                                                                                                         
Tue Dec 20 03:10:11 2016 us=4708 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed                                                                                                                                                                                                               
Tue Dec 20 03:10:11 2016 us=4797 TCP/UDP: Closing socket                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
Tue Dec 20 03:10:11 2016 us=4819 SIGUSR1[soft,tls-error] received, process restarting                                                                                                                                                                                          
Tue Dec 20 03:10:11 2016 us=4828 Restart pause, 2 second(s)                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
Tue Dec 20 03:10:13 2016 us=4940 WARNING: No server certificate verification method has been enabled.  See http://openvpn.net/howto.html#mitm for more info.  

Can you please assist me to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Adham

Message 4 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Adham

You may want to contact Open Vpn for help on this issue.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 6
josephsmith0000
Aspirant

HI  broh I am using Express VPN for my android phone so my suggestion is that use Express VPN for your Android Phone I don't know anything about open VPN

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7