Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7800 dropping ADSL2+ connection

AndyGF
Follower

D7800 dropping ADSL2+ connection

Hi I have a new Nighthawk X4S VDSL/ADSL Modem Router (D7800). I have uploaded the latest firmware. I have a ADSL2+ connection to BT. When I try to use the D7800 as a Modem Router its connection to the internet is very slow. My laptop doesn't work at all and my iPad only downloads the text of news pages and not most of the pictures. It works Ok with Wikipedia and other sites which are more text than pictures. Speedtest refuses to work with it. So I am guessing it is downloading data quite slowly. The laptop has been plugged in directly to the D7800 so there is no Wifi involved. The D7800 is a replacement for a DGN2200. Both show a similar syncronisation speeds but the DGN2200 works when I reconnect it and the D7800 doesn't. I have compared the internet settings and they seem to be the same. I have now set the D7800 as an access point to the DGN2200 which is acting as the modem. The WiFi side of the D7800 looks to be working well as I can get 5.0 GHz quite a long way from the room that it is in. Any ideas what could be wrong with the connection to the internet?

Message 1 of 2

Re: D7800 dropping ADSL2+ connection

Have you updated the firmware on the D7800?

How about a factory reset?

There is a support for the D7800 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> D7800 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

Check the firmware and read the manual for tips.

What speed is BT supposed to deliver to you?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7