Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D8500 compatibility with new NBN SOS-ROC

Jmnsw84
Follower

D8500 compatibility with new NBN SOS-ROC

Hi, I just received information from my ISP stating that my modem router the net gear D8500 may not support new SOS-ROC features which will be required from 31/03/22.

Does anyone know whether this particular modem router has SOS-ROC or is there a new firmware out or coming to enable it.

The modem router has been great since purchasing it.

Regards, Josh
Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FIT50
Aspirant

Got the same message form my internet provider which is TPG : The soultion they advised in their recommendations was, we must be compatible to : "You will need to know which NBN technology is in use at your premises, with NBN FTTN and NBN FTTB customers requiring a device which is capable of VDSL2."

The key is VDSL2. Below is the specs for the Nighthawk D8500 

Model: D8500

• Built-in High-speed DSL modem that supports VDSL/VDSL2/ADSL/ADSL2 & ADSL2+

• Smart Connect intelligently selects the fastest WiFi band for every device

• Powerful 1.4GHz Dual Core processor and Dynamic QoS boosts performance for gaming, streaming and mobile connectivity

• Improved range for mobile devices with 4 external active antennas (patent-pending) and 4 internal antennas

• 7 Gigabit Ethernet ports for fast wired performance; aggregate 2 ports for even faster connection

• MU-MIMO technology for more throughput ensures faster downloads and smoother streaming for your devices

• Network storage-ready with two superfast USB ports (2.0 + 3.0)

• Enhanced Parental Controls to manage web filtering & accessibility by profiles or devices

• NETGEAR® genie® home network manager includes remote access to manage your network away from home

SO THE ANSWER IN SHORT I BELEIVE WE ARE OKAY !

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the DSL Modem products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with DSL modems (D and DM Series) products. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/DSL-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-dsl-modems-routers

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 3 of 4

@Jmnsw84 wrote:
Hi, I just received information from my ISP stating that my modem router the net gear D8500 may not support new SOS-ROC features which will be required from 31/03/22.

The SOS-ROC thing has come up several times in the appropriate section:

Search - NETGEAR Communities – NBN SOS

The question first cropped up more than six months ago.

For example:

Nighthawk d7000 & NBN HFC

Nighthawk X4S D7800 - SOS and ROC updates

DM200 - Australia NBN - ROC & SOS Support

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7