Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGN2200 wireless connection to wired devices

aniaclug
Aspirant

DGN2200 wireless connection to wired devices

Hi all,
I have a strange issue while connecting wireless devices to wired ones.
My network has the DGN 2200 as modem & router (acting also as DHCP server).
Behind the router there is a gigabit switch connected to my NAS, a pc and another gigabit switch on wich are connected Television, ps3, sky set top box and a third gigabit switch on wich are connected a wifi repeater, a second ps3 my xbox the second TV and a wii.
From all devices internet works as a charm.
If I connect "by wire" everything goes ok. If I connect wireless, internet goes but I cannot access interna web server and other services provided by devices on my lan.
If I connect to the repeater everything goes well. I've checked the router configuration paying attention avoiding client isolation.

Last, if I put on DMZ my NAS and connect to it using router public address everything works....

Now I'm stuck.

Every help would be appreciate.
Message 1 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: DGN2200 wireless connection to wired devices

Wireless isolation feature in the wireless setting of the router
Message 2 of 6
aniaclug
Aspirant

As stated in my post I'm not using client isolation but wireless clients act as isolation is enabled.
By Using public address I can reach server in DMZ or porg forwarded services using internal ip I don't.
Message 3 of 6
aniaclug
Aspirant

It seems the router act as the client isolation is always active even when the checkbox is deselected and settings are applied.

Any other hint?
Message 4 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

You may need to contact support about feature not working
Message 5 of 6
dmahon
Novice

Just to add I recently bought a DGN2200v4 and have the same problem, especially with iOS devices like iPad/iPhone. If I run the Net Analyzer app, a lot of (wired) devices are missing. If I then move to another location in the house which is served by a separate (Netgear) access point and run it again, it sees all the wired devices. Occasionally after rebooting the router it works for a short time, then they go missing again. I believe it is an ARP problem between the wired and wireless segments within the router. I have just ordered a FritzBox! and will return my Netgear DGN2200v4.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7