Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGN2200v3

standegroff
Follower

DGN2200v3

I have had this DGN2200v3 router for many years.  Works great.

Trying to setup a Ubuntu Linux server in shop to serve as file and print server. (Ubuntu 22.04.6)

I'm having issues so I logged on to the ADSL Router to see if it is connected.  I shows nothing connected.  I have 5 computers (2 windows 10&11, 3 are Ubuntu Linux on Dell laptops and a raspberry pi400), 4 smart tv sets, hand full of google chromecast devices and wifi thermostat.  But, nothing is listed.  Any thoughts?

Network :: provider (dsl) -> router -> switch -> two access points and cable to shop where server and one of the access points are located.  Attached devices should show all devices in shop as cabled (access point comes in over cable to shop). Other devices in house are mixed wifi and cable.  List is totally blank.

IP scanner software shows all present.

Thanks

Stan W8SRD

Message 1 of 2

Re: DGN2200v3

@standegroff wrote:

I have had this DGN2200v3 router for many years. 

That is an ancient (2011) ADSL modem/router.

Network :: provider (dsl) -> router -> switch ->

What devices are we talking about here?

What is the "provider (dsl)"?

What is the router?

I have 5 computers (2 windows 10&11, 3 are Ubuntu Linux on Dell laptops and a raspberry pi400), 4 smart tv sets, hand full of google chromecast devices and wifi thermostat.  But, nothing is listed. 

ADSL speeds max out at around 10 Mbps and would have a hard time supporting just one of those devices, let alone that network.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7