Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGND3700 not finding ADSL

RobinS
Aspirant

DGND3700 not finding ADSL

Just spotted this forum devoted to DGND 3700 so reposting here from the general router forum

Just bought a new N600/DGND3700 modem/router to replace my BT Homehub 3, to get better performance and wireless range. It's connecting to a BT broadband service, been running fine at 12-14 mb. Previous experience of NetGear hubs was great and I've installed Netgear, BT and Huawei routers without problems before

Unplugged the BT hub and connected N600. Ethernet cable to my MacBook for the installation. Initial browser screen for the router came up OK but then got message saying no ADSL cable present. Unplugged, re plugged, powered off and on but still same message.

Replaced N600 with BT Hub again and all was working fine. Back to the N600. No ADSL

So why might the N600 not be picking up the ADSL Connection? Previous modem/router installations worked fine, picking up the ADSL straight away. Seems very basic. Might it be a faulty hub? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: DGND3700 not finding ADSL

If you don't see any DSK sync is happening then possible unit is bad .
Message 2 of 5
RobinS
Aspirant

Thanks - any simple test I can do to double check before taking it back?
Cheers
Message 3 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Before PPP authentication DSL modem need to sync with DSLAM so if no sync I would say you have problem since other one works.
Message 4 of 5
prince213
Aspirant

Have you entered correct ADSL settings values like

Multiplexing method: LLC or VC
VPI:
VCI:

PPPoE or PPPoA

and entered correct username and password?

In WAN settings makes sure you selected WAN as 'Must use DSL WAN'.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7