Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGND3700v2 won't save 5ghz settings

mike1880
Aspirant

DGND3700v2 won't save 5ghz settings

I've just had to reset my router. I've re-entered the wireless settings for 2.4GHz without any problems but it won't save any changes to 5GHz settings and just keeps returning to the Netgear default SSID and passphrase. It was working fine before the reset. Anyone any ideas what I'm missing or what I can do about it?

Message 1 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: DGND3700v2 won't save 5ghz settings

Try to reflashing firmware and see if that helps
Message 2 of 8
mike1880
Aspirant

I upgraded from 1.1,00.12 to 15 before posting, it made no difference (except that it took a couple of tries before it responded to the update firmware button which encouraged me to waste time repeatedly changing network settings and hitting Apply in the hopes the same thing would happen).

Since posting I've noticed that it will no longer take changes to 2.4GHz settings either.

All I can think of doing is resetting again to see if it will only accept changes when it's in factory settings, but if I try that it'll only be after it's already been replaced with something definitely working. Either that or rolling the firmware back a few versions???
Message 3 of 8
OzDrDj
Aspirant

Same here, I cant change the passphrase for 5.0ghz or 2.4 ghz anymore.

Wont save passphrase on 1.1,00.15
Wont save passphrase on 1.1,00.14 either

will try rolling back to 1.1.00.12
Message 4 of 8
OzDrDj
Aspirant

and now to add insult to injury, The router wont upload a new firmware.

Browse for the firmware and click on apply, and it does nothing.
Message 5 of 8
OzDrDj
Aspirant

Well, youre not going to believe this, but the problem was with Internet Explorer 11.

Tried to change the passphrase in firefox, and no problem.

So mike, give that a try, cheers.
Message 6 of 8
roynicho
Tutor

That didn't work for me so I tried Chrome as well and that worked straight away.

Don't give up

Regards
Message 7 of 8
gnbalbion
Aspirant

Hello I had the same problem of not being able to change the SSIS and or password on either bands, I am using Internet Explorer 11, what I did was to load the modem page 192.168.0.1 then go up to the tools menu on IExplorer, drop down to Compatability View Settings, click ADD, this pops your browser address into the compatability view window, now you can change all settings. It is about time Netgear updated the Modem software to work 100% with IE11. Thanks
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7