Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGND3800B recover web interface or setup in any way?

jamapii
Aspirant

DGND3800B recover web interface or setup in any way?

Hi,

I used this router with 3.0.0.10 firmware, and the web interface would get inaccessible at times, as confirmed by others long before. However, with this old firmware it would become accessible again later.

With latest firmware, it becomes inaccessible a few minutes after boot and remains so. How can I access its configuration in this situation, without power cycling? I know almost all devices have some kind of telnet interface.

thanks...

Message 1 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: DGND3800B recover web interface or setup in any way?

Hi @jamapii,

Did you perform a factory reset after updating the firmware successfully?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
jamapii
Aspirant

After 12 hours, the web interface was accessible for a short time. Why should a factory reset help? It is only a lot of hassle to get it working again. I found a possible telnet access guide somewhere, i try this later
Message 3 of 4
jamapii
Aspirant

Ok, i finished configuration for now and might not follow this topic for some time.

I have a possible explanation why the web interface seems to hang/crash for some people and not others. I access it with 2 laptops. But maybe most people just reboot/reset/factory-reset often and don't care about it. After reboot, the gui works at least for a few minutes.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7