Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Disable DGN2200v3 Wireless Mode

harrysr
Aspirant

Disable DGN2200v3 Wireless Mode

I have notice that when I disable the Wireless Mode on my DGN2200v3 either via the front panel switch or the software that after a period, could be anywhere from 4 to 10 hours, the wireless will become enabled.  Due to the amount of people in my home utilizing the Wireless Mode I find it best to disable the wirless in order for my desktop computer, which is connected to the DGN2200v3 via a Cat 5 Cable, to allow unrestricted inter-net access without any problems that the wireless isn't staying disabled.  I have rebooted or completed a power reset of the DGN2200v3 with the Wireless Mode Disabled, when it comes back it will still be disabled which is what I want, but sometime down the road it appears to have enabled itself.  Is this normal operation?, if so can this be by passed?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: Disable DGN2200v3 Wireless Mode

The router does have the capability of turning wireless off and on according to a schedule.  You should make sure that it is not enabled.

If someone has physical access to your router then all bets are off.  They could either be turning Wi-Fi on via the front button or performing a factory reset and gaining admin access to the router.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

That doesn't sound normal.  Is there any possibility that someone knows the admin password to your router?  They could be logging in and re-enabling wireless.

Message 2 of 5
harrysr
Aspirant

My DGN2200v3s is in my office with my desk tops and notebook.  When I leave for an extended amount of time due to a relative who thinks they know everything about computers is around I lock my office.  Due to my physical location, in the woods, my wireless is unsecured.  I have only noticed this problem since family members have moved in with me, this is why I lock my office.  I have suspected for quite some time that someone is entering  my office and turning on the wireless via the front panel switch due, this is due to the fact I have my modem mounted high up onto of my 5.1 Speaker System on a stand, which I sometimes find askew when the wireless is on.  Basically just checking to make sure the wireless isn't turning itself back on due to a software malfunction.

Message 3 of 5
TheEther
Guru

The router does have the capability of turning wireless off and on according to a schedule.  You should make sure that it is not enabled.

If someone has physical access to your router then all bets are off.  They could either be turning Wi-Fi on via the front button or performing a factory reset and gaining admin access to the router.

Message 4 of 5
harrysr
Aspirant

Thanks for the info.  To date I haven't accessed the section of the software that will allow wireless to be turned off and on at selected times.  Will have to check to see if this is disabled if it can be.  Do know that today around 1530 hours I turned off the wireless via the front panel switch, sometime between 1800 to 1830 hours it came back on while I was out of  my home.  Figure I will have to close the door to my office after turning off the wireless and monitor the system to see if it is coming back on or stays off.  I also have another fix, 6 LB Sledge, but that would be expensive and a waste of time.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7