Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ethernet connect on new Macs

Jamesmerritt
Follower

Ethernet connect on new Macs

I just purchased a DM200 modem and it says I need to connect to a computer by Ethernet to
Set it up, but new Macs only have USB-C
Connections. So how do I set up the modem? (I also have a Google Nest WiFi router but I can’t seem to find the modem through it)
Model: DM200|Broadband High-Speed DSL Modem
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Ethernet connect on new Macs

@Jamesmerritt wrote:
I just purchased a DM200 modem and it says I need to connect to a computer by Ethernet to
Set it up, but new Macs only have USB-C
Connections. So how do I set up the modem? (I also have a Google Nest WiFi router but I can’t seem to find the modem through it)

They do make USB-C to ethernet adapters. Might not be bad to have laying around in case you need it in the future. 🙂 

problem with the DM200 and another router is that the DM200 has routing functions built into it. So if you go DM200----->Google wifi, you're in a double nat because both are runnng as routers. it could be creating your issue with the google wifi device. Not sure if the google device has the option of AP (access point) mode. If so, I'd try turning that on and connecting it. 

You can put the DM200 in modem only mode but it requires logging into it to do that. page 69 of the manual goes over that. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/DM200

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7