Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Genie app wont connect to home wifi, it wont allow me to connect

SRH86
Aspirant

Genie app wont connect to home wifi, it wont allow me to connect

My genie app on my iphone will not allow me to connect to the home wifi even though my phone is connected to the wifi , In the genie app i push the wifi tab , a screen comes up with the following headings - Wifi Name - Password - Security - Channel... i have filled in all these titles with the correct details. but it wont allow me to save and a pop up keeps appearing saying '' This action failed, try again - extremely frustrating 

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Genie app wont connect to home wifi, it wont allow me to connect

@SRH86 wrote:

My genie app on my iphone will not allow me to connect to the home wifi even though my phone is connected to the wifi , 

As you can also work with the Genie App accessing the router it's a little bit unclear what you want to achieve here.

@SRH86 wrote:

In the genie app i push the wifi tab , a screen comes up with the following headings - Wifi Name - Password - Security - Channel... i have filled in all these titles with the correct details. but it wont allow me to save and a pop up keeps appearing saying '' This action failed, try again - extremely frustrating 

This is to change the router WiFi configuration, neither to connect the iPhone to the WiFi, nor to connect the Genie App to the router.

Hard to say why changing the WiFi config does not work however - if this is what you really intend want to do.  

@IrvSp wrote:

I'm not sure what is going on but the Genie app has been replaced by the Nighthawk app.

By far not, and not yet. The Nighthawk App does offer just a subset if the Genie App feature set. Further on, it won't work with non-Nighthawk routers.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

@SRH86 wrote:

My genie app on my iphone will not allow me to connect to the home wifi even though my phone is connected to the wifi , In the genie app i push the wifi tab , a screen comes up with the following headings - Wifi Name - Password - Security - Channel... i have filled in all these titles with the correct details. but it wont allow me to save and a pop up keeps appearing saying '' This action failed, try again - extremely frustrating 

I'm not sure what is going on but the Genie app has been replaced by the Nighthawk app.

Not sure what you mean by "My genie app on my iphone will not allow me to connect to the home wifi even though my phone is connected to the wifi."? Do you mean it will not even login? If so of course the change of a setting to the router will not work.

Try the Nighthawk app and see if that works.

Message 2 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@SRH86 wrote:

My genie app on my iphone will not allow me to connect to the home wifi even though my phone is connected to the wifi , 

As you can also work with the Genie App accessing the router it's a little bit unclear what you want to achieve here.

@SRH86 wrote:

In the genie app i push the wifi tab , a screen comes up with the following headings - Wifi Name - Password - Security - Channel... i have filled in all these titles with the correct details. but it wont allow me to save and a pop up keeps appearing saying '' This action failed, try again - extremely frustrating 

This is to change the router WiFi configuration, neither to connect the iPhone to the WiFi, nor to connect the Genie App to the router.

Hard to say why changing the WiFi config does not work however - if this is what you really intend want to do.  

@IrvSp wrote:

By far not, and not yet. The Nighthawk App does offer just a subset if the Genie App feature set. Further on, it won't work with non-Nighthawk routers.

Message 3 of 4
IrvSp
Master

@schumaku wrote:

@IrvSp wrote:

Right, it replaced the old UP app, not Genie. It does include a subset of the Genie options. Mostly has those that control the router like settings vs. router applications like DLNA player.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series