Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to connect a printer to the usb port of a netgear dgn2200v3 router?

tusta
Aspirant

How to connect a printer to the usb port of a netgear dgn2200v3 router?

Hello all,

i would like to connect my printer to the usb port of the netgear dgn2200v3 router but i don't know how..
Searching on web i found program like "NETGEAR Genie" or "USB Control Center" but neither works. Is it possible or we can use that port only for usb storage?
Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
TheEther
Guru

Re: How to connect a printer to the usb port of a netgear dgn2200v3 router?

If you see a ReadySHARE Printer option in the ReadySHARE settings on the DGN2200v3, then USB printing should be supported.  Interestingly, the option is shown in one of the pictures in the manual, but the manual doesn't mention it at all.

If you click on it, it should provide additional instructions to download the USB Control Center utility off of http://www.netgear.com/readyshare.  The link to the installer is at the bottom of that page.

Message 2 of 5
tusta
Aspirant

Thank you TheEther,

I see that pictures in the manual of my router but in the router settings where there is the usb configuration i don't have it.
So i've tried to update the firmware with the last one given but nothing has changed. Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 5
TheEther
Guru

So you don't have a ReadySHARE Printer option like the one below?  Credit to portforward.com for their image.

What firmware version are you running?

DGN2200v3 Readyshare

Message 4 of 5
tusta
Aspirant

Sorry if i answer only now,

something is change, after the update of the firmware now i can see that page and the readySHARE printer option.
Now i have tried to follow the step reported in that option but even if i yet installed the printer driver (samsung clx-3175) the netgear usb control center don't show me nothing at his start. This also if i turn off my antivirus before start the control center..
Where i'm wrong..? 😕

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7