Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet port speed

kfh777
Aspirant

Internet port speed

My Lenovo H415 desktop machine running Windows 10 | Chrome | wireless network speedtest.net yields just 6 Mbps internet download speed:

Speedtest.net reports 60Mbps from the ISP to laptop with ethernet wired connection to my Netscape Nighthawk R7000 router. 

The laptop and our HP desktop both report transfers of 25-30 Mbps with wireless connection.  The Lenovo on the same wireless network reports about 6Mbps transfers in and out.

Tech Genie in the QoS section runs Speedtest.net and reports 63 Mbps available download speed.This while running Tech Genie on the same wireless network.

In the past this same setup delivered 60Mbps over wireless.  The router has been updated to the latest firmware v 1.08.34_1.2.15

Where do I look for a fix?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
kfh777
Aspirant

Re: Internet port speed - Solved

I replaced the Premiertek Wireless Adapter I have been using with a new Netgear N600 Dual Band Wireless N Adapter and instantly achieved 66Mbps download and 6Mbps upload.  

Thanks to all for the patience of reading my situation and providing comment.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Re: Internet port speed

You should verify that the wireless settings show that you can use the max wifi speed in the router.

Message 2 of 5
kfh777
Aspirant

Thank you.  The settings on the Netgear Router show up to 600Mbps for the base network and up to 1300 Mbps for the 5g network.  I see no settings for speed pertaining to the individual devices on the networks.  Is there another place to look?

Message 3 of 5
w3wilkes
Prodigy

You can see what speed you're connected to the network by right clicking on your wifi icon in the System Tray. Open the Network and Sharing Center -> click on Wifi after Connections: then the dialog box should show the speed you are connected.

Message 4 of 5
kfh777
Aspirant

Re: Internet port speed - Solved

I replaced the Premiertek Wireless Adapter I have been using with a new Netgear N600 Dual Band Wireless N Adapter and instantly achieved 66Mbps download and 6Mbps upload.  

Thanks to all for the patience of reading my situation and providing comment.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7