Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Locking issues Netgear D7000

PhillipLyons
Aspirant

Locking issues Netgear D7000

Few days back i changed my modem to Netgear D7000 modem which I am using with NBN in the FTTB. From past one month, I am facing frequent locking issues, the problem arises once or twice a day and I have to reboot the modem all over again everytime. 

The modem disconnects from every wifi connection and at teh same time it continues to broadcast  but didnt accept any device until I hit reset. After I do the rebooting, it doesn't connect automatically to the internet. I have to open settings and manually connect it all the time.

Please suggest a proper solution. 

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 5

Re: Locking issues Netgear D7000

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

Were you using the D7000 on a different service before the switch? If so, did you factory reset the thing before you went on to NBN? You need to get the thing to forget any bad habits it picked up in the past.

Message 2 of 5
PhillipLyons
Aspirant

I am using firmware version 1.0.1.64. I didn't know that I have to factory reset before move to NBN, Is that a standard?

Message 3 of 5

The process of setting up a modem/router in your Internet service requires making various changes to the settings. These may not be the same as the settings you need for a new service.

If you know exactly what you are doing, and what settings you need to change, you may be able to do it manually.

But it is often easier to put the modem/router back to its "out of the box" state.

Another option might be to run the setup wizard again.

There is support for the D7000, including a manual, somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> D7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

See the section in the manual Use the Internet Setup Wizard After Initial Setup.

What you cannot do is simply unplug one Internet service and rep[lace it with another one and expect everything to go smoothly.

This still may not fix your problem, but it is likely to be the first suggestion from support people.

In your first message you say:

The modem disconnects from every wifi connection and at teh same time it continues to broadcast but didnt accept any device until I hit reset.

This does not make sense.

The modem does not disconnect from wifi connections. It will be the other way round. Wifi clients will disconnect from the wifi source, the router.

And what does "hit reset" mean?

For better advice, explain exactly what is going on, the steps your are taking and what goes wrong.

Message 4 of 5
antinode
Guru

> I am using firmware version 1.0.1.64. [...]

That's three releases behind current (1.0.1.70). I might try a
different version, but no bets:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/m-p/1706952

Around here, the (similar-sounding) problem occurs much less frequently.

> This does not make sense.

It does to some of us.

> The modem does not disconnect from wifi connections. [...]

Nonsense.  A connection can be broken from either end.  Power down
the router.  The connection is broken, and the disconnection was not
caused by the client.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation