Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR D6200 to be used for extending signal from a wireless LTE modem

vinismatr
Follower

NETGEAR D6200 to be used for extending signal from a wireless LTE modem

Hi, is there anybody who could assist me with the NETGEAR D6200 used as an extender router for wireless internet? I used to use it as an ADSL modem longtime ago, and now would like to use it for receiving signal from the LTE modem WiFi and extending it, is that possible (both wired and wirelessly) ? Can anybody suggest how to do this? I already have a WiFi set for my house, not sure how to setup the router to receive the wireless signal from the 4G modem, though.

Message 1 of 2

Re: NETGEAR D6200 to be used for extending signal from a wireless LTE modem

@vinismatr wrote:

I used to use it as an ADSL modem longtime ago, and now would like to use it for receiving signal from the LTE modem WiFi and extending it, is that possible (both wired and wirelessly) ?

You want to use the D6200 as a wifi repeater?

Repeater mode requires both devices to cooperate.

First, what is this LTE modem? Do you know that it will work with a wifi repeater of any sort.

To see what you can do with  your D6200, get the manual and read the section  Wireless Repeating Function. This may or may not be what you are trying to achieve, but it will give you a clue as to what the device can deliver.

When it comes to wiring the D6200 to the LTE thing, that model doesn't seem to support access point mode wired to the modem, but you could try using it as a router. But that brings us back to the capabilities of your anonymous LTE modem. If it is just a modem, then plug it into the Internet port of the D6200. If it is an LTE modem/router, you may have to track down the settings that turn off the router bit.

For advice from people who use the D6200, you might like to try the appropriate section.

DSL Modems & Routers

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7