Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear D6220 cant connect to DODO (NBN)

ms_julie
Aspirant

Netgear D6220 cant connect to DODO (NBN)

So I just purchased the Netgear D6220, but I can’t get it to connect to the Internet! It’s driving my NUTS, why do they make theseso complicated? I set up the DODO Huawei issue without a problem.... netgear pfft ready to send it back!

so I’ve tried going to the router login page & uncheck ‘no password required’ didn’t work

ive tried modem pw @- didn’t work

tried ISP pw didn’t work

tried factory reset on modem - didn’t work

tried entering old MAC address from previous modem, - 👎 

🤷🏻‍♀️

Message 1 of 6

Re: Netgear D6220 cant connect to DODO (NBN)

@ms_julie wrote:

so I’ve tried going to the router login page & uncheck ‘no password required’ didn’t work

Without knowing what you are doing, my answer is based on guess work.

First, are you connected to the modem by wire? Or are you using wifi?

Wired is best. The password to get in to the routerlogin page is password. The username is admin. You can, and should, change that later to something that is specific to you.

If you are trying to access the router login page with wifi, then you should used the SSID  and password in the label on the bock/bottom/side. Then, after you are connected, you use the router login details (see above).

When you have done that, and can get at the modem's controls, you need to feed it the username and password that you got from your Internet service provider.

If none of this applies,. then tell us what you are doing, and how you are doing it, in detail. Then perhaps someone can help.

Most of this is laid out in Quick Start guide which is one of the things you will find at the end of this link:

>>> D6220 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

Finally, as you are on NBN, you might find this useful:

What is an NBN network and is my NETGEAR DSL modem router compatible? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Note that there is no such thing as s single NBN service. You need to know which you have and set up accordingly.

Message 2 of 6
ms_julie
Aspirant

Hi Michael,

thank you for your reply... 🙂

so I had my laptop connected via Ethernet to the router/modem

NBN is the new national broadband network (fibre cable) that has been rolled out across Australia, making all ADSL modems (copper cables) redundant...

so so I have gone thru the set up process & reset the modem a few times, I’m able to get my original modem connected but not the netgear d6220, I’m actually thinking it’s not broadband compatible as whether I try by phone line or Ethernet access , I can’t get internet connection...

the guy said it was broadband ready, I’m not so sure

Message 3 of 6

I am reasonably familiar with NBN,  but only because it gets mentioned here almost every day, when someone turns up with a problem like yours.

Sadly, your description of NBN is only a part of the story.  If you read the article at the end of the link I provided to the NBN piece you will see that there are four or five different types of NBN. That articles also suggests that the D6220 for any of these, but you have to set it up to fit in with what type of NBN you have.

If your original modem works, my guess is that you have VDSL. But that is just a guess.

As I said, this has come up here before. I just did a search of this forum for "NBN D6220". That reminded me of an  earlier conversation:

Setting up/Connecting to NBN FTTB with D6220 Modem... - NETGEAR Communities

It might work for you, but you may get better advice if you told us what sort of NBN you have and what the old modem was.

You now say that you cannot connect to the Internet. Does that mean that you are no longer having problems connecting to the modem from your laptop?

Message 4 of 6
ms_julie
Aspirant

I have no clue of different NBNs, but I’ve gone back to the original dodo supplied Huawei & yes it’s set up as VDSL, netgear d6220 wouldn’t give me this option only various ADSLs

the problem from the outset is the modem isn’t picking up a connection to the wall socket, neither DSL or Ethernet cable

Message 5 of 6

@ms_julie wrote:

I have no clue of different NBNs

I gave you a link to explain that. If you did not chase up the NBN link, perhaps you also missed the link in my previous message. Here is the key message there:

After spending 5+ hours with various tech support people both from netgear and iinet going around in circles and getting nowhere, I spent 10 minutes on the phone with an actual technician who comes out and diagnoses these sorts of problems and fixed my problem.

Turns out a ~$5 connector (from RJ45 to RJ11) from Jaycar was all I needed to get online!
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7