Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear d7000 internet problems

Johntsam
Aspirant

Netgear d7000 internet problems

I have the netgear d7000 adsl Vdsl router and everyday all my wifi devices keep getting kicked out of the wifi while the wired connections still work. I have to reset the router so it can work again. I have the latest firmware. Is there any fix to this or is there any new firmware coming out the will solve this problem
Message 1 of 17

Accepted Solutions
Johntsam
Aspirant

Re: Netgear d7000 internet problems

Yes I did a reset and lowered the mbps on the wifi hoping this will work now. So far it's ok

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 17

All Replies
clithes
Prodigy

Have you disabled uPnP ?  I know a lot of people advise doing this but it caused me a number of problems, including the router locking out Wifi connections on a regular basis.  Only a reboot would fix it as well

Message 2 of 17
Johntsam
Aspirant

No what will that do? Also today in the morning my internet dropped on all devices including wired and the only way to fix it was by reseting it
Message 3 of 17
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Johntsam

Here is a article on Upnp but you should try to do that also make sure you are on the latest firmware.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22686

DarrenM

Message 4 of 17
Johntsam
Aspirant

I have the latest firmware. I even reinstalled it again and this morning my internet connection dropped
Again I'm gonna have to reset it to get it back. I really hope netgear fixes this or I'm never going to buy anything from them again
Message 5 of 17
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Johntsam

If this keeps happening I would suggest contacting Netgear support if the modem is still under warranty they can troubleshoot with you more and if the unit is defective they can do a RMA if needed.

http://support.netgear.com/general/contact/default.aspx

DarrenM

Message 6 of 17
Johntsam
Aspirant

Thanks but doesn't help this is the biggest piece of junk router I've ever bought buyers beware
Don't make the same mistake i did
Message 7 of 17
clithes
Prodigy

I find the D7000 to be a very capable router and am very pleased with it. The connection has been up for days and I currently have 20 devices connected to it, which it copes with very well. There are a number of reasons why the connection keeps dropping, none of which could be the routers fault. Who is your ISP and what service do you have from them?
Message 8 of 17
Johntsam
Aspirant

My problem now is that it has Internet and only my Samsung devices can't connect I don't understand it
Message 9 of 17
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Johntsam

have you tried to tell the samsung devices to forget the network that try to connect again.

DarrenM

Message 10 of 17
Johntsam
Aspirant

Yes I did a reset and lowered the mbps on the wifi hoping this will work now. So far it's ok
Message 11 of 17
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Johntsam

Did lowering the mbps correct the issue? or was it just a temporary fix let us know.

DarrenM

Message 12 of 17
Johntsam
Aspirant

So for it's been working for the whole day I'll
Check back if it disconnects again
Message 13 of 17
Johntsam
Aspirant

It was all fine till today disconnected again. My old router work way better then this one never had a problem with it. Will never by netgear again
Message 14 of 17
clithes
Prodigy

Have you put firmware 1.0.0.32 onto it ?
Message 15 of 17
Johntsam
Aspirant

That firmware is worse then the old one. It freezes up my internet when I try to make changes to my wireless
Settings.
Message 16 of 17
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello johntsam

You could try going back to the old firmware to see if that helps or try to factory reset and reload the firmware.

DarrenM

Message 17 of 17
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7