Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear giving up on the DGND3700, DGND3700v2 to be released instead.

theTechman05
Aspirant

Re: Netgear giving up on the DGND3700, DGND3700v2 to be released instead.

Ask in a new post then report the problem to NetGear and hope you get a beta. You probably could search red light and, you'll find this fills a book and is stickied.
Message 51 of 287
theTechman05
Aspirant

V2 must be moving along, it was on ".6" at the start of month and now its a ".8". Still would be nice if they has logs along with the files in their download area so we could get an idea whats going on with v2.

BTW this is probably fake since in english on a ".pl" site but here's the pdf for the hardware details
Message 52 of 287
w3wilkes
Prodigy

That is the same pdf as posted on the Australia site;
http://www.netgear.com.au/images/DGND3700v2_DS_09Mar1287-17292.pdf
Message 53 of 287
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Interesting. Found a DGND3700v2 for sale on craigslist in Bellevue, WA
http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/sys/2921919875.html
Message 54 of 287
theTechman05
Aspirant

The wps key on the bottom sends a red flag out since it has letters. Cool if it was but I'd be worried about it. I could always wish its wps's solution for hacking of wps (tekzilla showed a while back mentioned it had been attempted).

Still , I wish you good luck if you buy it since the contents on the netgear website do list the contents having it now though there being no firmware listed for v2 outside the ftp site:confused:.

I hate expectations on vague products:(:(:(

Do post though if you start to see official reviews so we know its in the wild.
Message 55 of 287
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

SB6121 is simple modem do for OP, doubl NAT is not the cause of the issues
Message 56 of 287
theTechman05
Aspirant

jmizoguchi wrote:
SB6121 is simple modem do for OP, doubl NAT is not the cause of the issues

What:eek:?? Where did someone post that model you mention? I think the forum burped and posted to the wrong post.:confused:

I haven't yet seen ipv6 mentioned for v2 if thats still ever coming. Ryster can be more irritated at that the wm3000rp says it has ipv6 now but it doesn't at least that I can see so take it towards a grump with v2 posibilities.
Message 57 of 287
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Ops. It's on different thread. Weired
Message 58 of 287
Ryster
Tutor

I have now officially given up on the DGND3700, and with Netgear in general. I have now switched to a different make of router, and oh my days, what a difference 🙂

Bye guys.
Message 59 of 287
darsa
Tutor

Me too,
I bought a Linksys, excellent product , i am going to recommend it to my friends,colleagues, neighbors etc.

Good bye netgear, thanks to mr. Mitchell. from support who replied me that Netgear cannot supply me the feature that i paid for and advertised by them.
Message 60 of 287
alanOB
Aspirant

Has anyone seen or tried a DGND3700v2 yet ?

The spec sheet on the netgear UK www site here refers to v2;

http://www.netgear.co.uk/home/products/wirelessrouters/high-performance/DGND3700.aspx

I am interested to know if it has ipv6 support.

thanks all.
Message 61 of 287
Baldrick
Novice

alanOB wrote:

http://www.netgear.co.uk/home/products/wirelessrouters/high-performance/DGND3700.aspx

thanks all.

Hi Alan

How do you know that this relates to the v2 product? Have looked through the pages & associated document downlaods and as far as I can see it only relates to DGND3700...nothing that I can see to indicate that this is the v2 model.

Regards

Balders
Message 62 of 287
theTechman05
Aspirant

The 2 things that stick out is the addition of NetGear genie and the package contents specifing v2. Ipv6 is not specified anywhere but niether is Ipv4 but currently thats a givin. Your going to have to go on faith till official reviews come out on it. All google keeps giving me is links to the firmware and no news. You could always take the 3800b and 4000 and see what the expectations are on them.
Message 63 of 287
alanOB
Aspirant

Baldrick wrote:
Hi Alan

How do you know that this relates to the v2 product? Have looked through the pages & associated document downlaods and as far as I can see it only relates to DGND3700...nothing that I can see to indicate that this is the v2 model.

Regards

Balders

Hi, If you go to the "learn more" tab on the link and download the datasheet the last page gives the package contents as;

• N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+
Modem Router (DGND3700v2)
• Installation guide
• Ethernet cable
• Phone cable and filter
• Power adapter, localized to country of sale

So since its on the UK Netgear site i am wondering if the v2 is now shipping.
Message 64 of 287
theTechman05
Aspirant

So since its on the UK Netgear site i am wondering if the v2 is now shipping.

I believe its also on the U.S. site . I think when they started selling the v1 they had a link to where to buy and had info up.

Stir the pot om the v1 reviews and make sure they are checking the waters for it.
Message 65 of 287
randomuser555
Aspirant

alanOB wrote:

thanks all.

I've tested it, and i can't recall.
I only remember that is was my first router I ever beta tested, and it was very buggy. Even the second version they sent me, after I had to send the first one back, was very buggy.
Message 66 of 287
arobertson676
Novice

The DGND3700 has appeared on NETGEAR's support site so it must be being released soon
Message 67 of 287
randomuser555
Aspirant

Unless major fixes are present in a new stable firmware(I'll check for you when I'm done testing the current router im testing for them later this week), it might be more stable than the first one(I don't know), but don't hold your breath...
Message 68 of 287
theTechman05
Aspirant

randomuser555 wrote:
Unless major fixes are present in a new stable firmware(I'll check for you when I'm done testing the current router im testing for them later this week), it might be more stable than the first one(I don't know), but don't hold your breath...

Just make sure you don't break an NDA in talking to us regardless of officials not actively viewing forums. You got on the list somehow and you don't want to lose that on next test on other devices.
Message 69 of 287
randomuser555
Aspirant

I checked the NDA and it's fine(The test finished in like March). They actually have a beta website at www.beta.netgear.com where you can sign up to test for them if you want. Im just curious myself whether they have fixed the major bugs present during the beta, so im trying to get on beta beta firmware for that unit.
Message 70 of 287
theTechman05
Aspirant

O.k , heh, a few betas I've had options for had 3yr or more nda or they can rip me one. I had the thought that checkbox in registration filled the requirement for beta requests. I'll have to go there and explore. Still surprised they remebered you had a beta box since it takes six people to tell me there's no changes to my case:rolleyes:.
Message 71 of 287
WebSurfer593
Aspirant

randomuser555 wrote:
...They actually have a beta website at www.beta.netgear.com where you can sign up to test for them if you want.

OMG, they ask you beta satisfaction questions even never been in their beta program? how stupid is that?
Message 72 of 287
theTechman05
Aspirant

I don't think they expect you to do the survey until you start testing. Its no good to them without their communications.
Message 73 of 287
NutZInTheHead
Aspirant

I really was hoping Netgear would release another firmware for the v1 of this modem/router to support IPv6. I bought this just over a month ago for 200NZD and if IPv6 is suddenly enforced by my ISP then I am screwed basically. I really don't want to pay any more money for another device. If they are making the v2 support IPv6 then why not this one as well?
Please Netgear support this product. It was only released last year.
Message 74 of 287
Scubbie
Apprentice

NutZInTheHead wrote:
...I really don't want to pay any more money for another device. If they are making the v2 support IPv6 then why not this one as well?
Please Netgear support this product. It was only released last year.

I don't know the Consumer Laws where you are, but in the UK you could easily claim that the product wasn't as advertised.

There are several features still advertised on the Netgear site as supported, yet they never have been and never likely to be either.

Whilst you cold get yourself an IPv6 ADSL Modem and connect it to the DGND3700, you do need to consider just what it is that you are using the router for.

In the UK you would also now be protected if your ISP did force IPv6 IMHO and this router failed to work with it. My reasoning is because you have only recently purchased it and the length of time that it should work is more than just a couple of months. It can extend to a couple of years for some products. I am not 100% sure about a router though.
Message 75 of 287
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7