Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL modern router NBN ready

Miss-Ana
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL modern router NBN ready

Not sure this is the right place to post this. But I figured I may as well ask.
I got tired of my Telstra modem before they rolled out the NBN in my area..I was told that Netgear would be a viable option since they have a lot NBN compatible modems. I’ve been on the nbn for a few months now, and only now thought to connect my landline. Only to realize that there are no ports for my landline connection. I guess my question is, can I actually connect my landline to my netgear night hawk AC1900 modem?
Message 1 of 6
Miss-Ana
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL modern router NBN ready

My service provider is still Telstra, they won't offer me help as they want me to install there modem. When the technician installed the NBN he agreed the my netgear modem was better than the Telstra one. I’m on the NBN through HFC with the D7000.
Message 2 of 6
Miss-Ana
Aspirant

The problem is there is no port for me to stick my phone line in on the D7000 or at least if there is I can’t find one. If I use the Telstra modem it has a plug in for the phone..But I wanted to continue to use my netgear modem as it is a better modem than the Telstra one. I can’t find a way to connect my landline with the netgear. Sorry I’m not exactly the most tech savvy person. I hope that made sense.
Message 3 of 6

@Miss-Ana wrote:
I guess my question is, can I actually connect my landline to my netgear night hawk AC1900 modem?

AC1900 is not a Netgear model number so much as a wifi speed indicator. Netgear makes a bunch of stuff labelled AC1900, including routers and modem-routers.

As to what kit works on NBN, this might be helpful:

What is an NBN network and is my NETGEAR DSL modem router compatible? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

There are also many messages around here on NBN. Enter the model number and NBN into the search thing and you may find some useful discussions.

Message 4 of 6
antinode
Guru

> I understand what you are trying to do. [...]

You're ahead of me.

> [...] I've been on the nbn for a few months now, and only now thought
> to connect my landline. [...]

What, exactly, does "my landline" mean to you?  Are you talking about
a "line" or a plain-old telephone, or what?

> [...] VOIP Provider [...]

Is your voice service still plain-old telephone service, or has it
been changed to VOIP?

> The problem is there is no port for me to stick my phone line in on
> the D7000 [...]

I see nothing in the D7000 literature (or interface) about VOIP.  It
clearly has no phone connectors (other than the one for its DSL input).

Message 5 of 6
Miss-Ana
Aspirant

I am still with Telstra and I would assume they are also my VOIP provider as when I agreed to get nbn installed they said all I had to do was plug my phone in to the modem they provided but since I’m not using that modem. I’m left with the problem I have.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7