Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk ac1900 vdsl/adsl modem router

theomina1
Aspirant

Nighthawk ac1900 vdsl/adsl modem router

My Isp in Greece named cosmote, offers me VDSL service with guanteed internet speeds of 30 Mbps.
https://www.cosmote.gr/fixed/en/cosmote-home-double-play/internet-at-home/cosmote-vdsl?redir=1&lastL...

Currently I have adsl service.
Question1: By acquring this offer what changes should I apply to my eqyuipment:
1)cabling connection
2)Router settings
3)Firmware upgrade?

Please note that my Nighthawk AC 1900 Smart WiFi Router Model R7000 is used both as modem and router.

Any suggestions or support in this change of environment in terms of ISP service to my netgear product would be greatly appreciated.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Nighthawk ac1900 vdsl/adsl modem router

theomina1 wrote:

Please note that my Nighthawk AC 1900 Smart WiFi Router Model R7000 is used both as modem and router.

The model listed above "R7000" does not have a modem in it. So I'll asume you have the D7000

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/datasheet/en/D7000.pdf

The data sheet says it supports both VDSL & ADSL the question is does cosmote use any proprietary hardware?

Contact cosmote

Message 2 of 6
theomina1
Aspirant

Hello,

Your are right, my model is D7000.  Unfortunatelly, I have not been able to connect. For this reason, I include screenshots of my d7000 interface, in the hope that some setting needs to be changed.

At the ned of this message and below these screenshots I have info on cosmote's  proprietary hardware....

I had to install cosmote's hardware and everything works smoothly, however I want to use my d700o hardware.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Theo

Image20.jpg

Image22.jpg

Image25.jpg

Image26.jpg

Image27.jpg

Image28.jpg

Image30.jpg

Image33.jpg

Image34.jpg

Image35.jpg

Image36.jpg

Image37.jpg

Image38.jpg

Below is the copy of my router's router info indicationg the communications VDSL prototypes used.

More info on the router and technology used, in the below link:

https://www.cosmote.gr/fixed/documents/10280/87751345/Speedport_Entry_2i_Maintenance_Management_EN_v...

Isp vdsl prototypes.jpg

Message 3 of 6
theomina1
Aspirant

Hello,

Your are right, my model is D7000.  Unfortunatelly, I have not been able to connect. For this reason, I have included screenshots of my d7000 interface, in the hope that some setting needs to be changed.

At the ned of this message and below these screenshots I have info on cosmote's  proprietary hardware....

I had to install cosmote's hardware and everything works smoothly, however I want to use my d700o hardware.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Theo

Image20.jpg

Image22.jpg

Image25.jpg

Image26.jpg

Image27.jpg

Image28.jpg

Image30.jpg

Image33.jpg

Image34.jpg

Image35.jpg

Image36.jpg

Image37.jpg

Image38.jpg

Below is the copy of my router's router info indicationg the communications VDSL prototypes used.

More info on the router and technology used, in the below link:

https://www.cosmote.gr/fixed/documents/10280/87751345/Speedport_Entry_2i_Maintenance_Management_EN_v...

Isp vdsl prototypes.jpg

Message 4 of 6
theomina1
Aspirant

I have not received any reply to my issue. It's a shame to have my Nighthawk ac1900 sitting on the desk without any connection.

It would be much appreciated if someone would look into my issue.

Thanks

Theo

Message 5 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Theomina1

you should be able to set this up unless this is a bonded dsl connection Netgear modems do not support bonded connections. If not then I would factory reset the modem by holding the reset button for 10 seconds then you should be able to go through setup again.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7