Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Port 9000 closed

Drcoffee
Aspirant

Port 9000 closed

Hi,

I just purchased an R7800 and I am having the following issue. 

I have a Raspberry pi connected by cable (192.168.1.12) running a music server (squeezeserver) with a webinterface on 192.168.1.12:9000. I can access the Pi on 192.168.1.12 without any problems but if I go to 192.168.1.12:9000 I get 

ERROR :Closing Link: Ping timeout

after a few moments. I tried doing port forwarding of port 9000, but with the same result. 

I cannot figure out if this is a R7800 issue or a Raspberry Pi issue? It worked fine with my previous router.

Any hints or pointers?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Drcoffee
Aspirant

SOLVED Re: Port 9000 closed

After several frustrating hours of troubleshooting, it turns out that the Pi was the issue. It had automatically updated Python  to a version incompatible with the squeezeserver. Once I fixed that everything was working beautifully.

So the R7800 is in the clear, and there was no issue with port 9000. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Re: Port 9000 closed

If this worked fine on your old router then it sounds like it's a problem with your R7800. I also run LMS with a couple of Duets with no problem on my DGND3700v1 using 3rd party firmware and all is fine for me. From what I see on the Netgear forums the firmware that Netgear provides for all their devices is problematic at best. If you don't get your issue with the Pi figured out fairly soon I'd suggest returning the R7800 while you can.

Message 2 of 4
Drcoffee
Aspirant

SOLVED Re: Port 9000 closed

After several frustrating hours of troubleshooting, it turns out that the Pi was the issue. It had automatically updated Python  to a version incompatible with the squeezeserver. Once I fixed that everything was working beautifully.

So the R7800 is in the clear, and there was no issue with port 9000. 

Message 3 of 4
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Re: SOLVED Re: Port 9000 closed

Glad you got it fixed and sorry to Netgear for just assuming it was your firmware.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7