Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Port Forwarding

Ghila96
Aspirant

Port Forwarding

Hello everybody.

I'm new in this community, so if the topic is in wrong section,I ask the moderators to move it in the most appropriate section.

I recently buy a new modem-router (Netgear DGND 3700V2); in my LAN I set up a small server (It's an old PC) with Ubuntu Server x32. All works great, but I've problem to forward some ports, in particular 1194 (OpenVPN) and 443 (HTTPS) on my server for VPN communications. It's strange because the other ports (for example 32400 for Plex, 22 for SSH etc..) work correctly. 

I don't understand if it's router or server problem. Can someone help me? Thanks for replies.

Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Port Forwarding

Hello Ghila96

Does it give you a error when you try to open those ports or does it allow you to add them to the router they just not working?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
Ghila96
Aspirant

Thank you for answer, and sorry for the later. 

No, the router allow me to add this rule to the Firewall and open the port; but when I try to test the port (with "Port Forward Network Utilities" software or other Internet sites), the port result closed. 

Thanks. 

Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Ghila96

make sure your on the latest firmware also you might want to try a factory rest and reset up the port forwarding.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
Ghila96
Aspirant

Sorry for later.

My actual firmware version is "V1.1.00.24_1.00.24"; the router tell me that this is the latest version available. 

The reset is the only way? Because only that ports don't work properly... 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7