Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

wireless extenders and dgnd3700

aoshea
Aspirant

wireless extenders and dgnd3700

Has anyone successfully used a wireless extender with the above router. I'm looking to implement one half way between house and garden to provide wireless access in my office at the end of the garden (this is to overcome the bug in the software, that means you can't transition from a wired connection on a foreign AP to a wireless connection of the netgear when you roam).

thanks all.
regards, Adrian
Message 1 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: wireless extenders and dgnd3700

look at open-mesh.com and implement there products... works well and strong signal
Message 2 of 4
aoshea
Aspirant

sorry not really the answer I was after, as these are APs, not wireless repeaters/extenders. As discussed in my previous posts, the netgear (or attached switches) don't purge the mac address entry for the wireless client on the foreign AP via a wired connection when transitioning to a wireless connection on the netgear router, so to avoid this I need to extend the wireless network, so the client is only present on the wireless medium in terms of the netgear router (hope this make sense).

The netgear product i'm interested in is;
http://www.netgear.co.uk/home/products/wireless-range-extenders/WN3500RP.aspx#two

thanks Adrian
Message 3 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

It will still work in general
Trial and error.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos