SpaDizzle
Aspirant

Re: 6RD on D7000???

Get a reply yet? same issue here.

Message 2 of 6
w3wilkes
Prodigy

With what appears to be a lack of quality, functionality and flexibility in Netgears current firmware developers I would very much welcome Netgear contracting the DD-WRT comunity for all their consumer level device firmware. I still believe Netgear makes some pretty good consumer grade hardware, but firmware and support seem to have been thrown by the wayside for all consumer grade products. Netgear doesn't seem to realize that a lot of their enterprise grade customers are also individual Netgear consumer grade product customers and the lack of consumer grade product support is going to eventually impact their enterprise / commercial type business. 

Message 3 of 6
SpaDizzle
Aspirant

Welp, here is the reply.  So no glory.  Patience is a virtue. 😞

"Regarding your case, as I checked my resources, we do not yet have an information when IPv6 6rd will be included on the D7000. We did not receive any information from our Engineering yet regarding this case.

However, you can check the link https://www.netgear.com/support/product/D7000.aspx to check if there is a firmware update for the device and IPv6 6rd will be included. Please be informed that we do not have an ETA with this yet.

If the information provided was not able to resolve your case, please log into https://my.netgear.com"

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 4 of 6
MacInTheNet
Aspirant

Rif.: 6RD on D7000???

guys... I received a lot of "official answers" too... through the chat (more than one), e-mail, beta programs... so my final solution was to build the tunnel myself!

You can do it on any type of OS from Windows to OSX and of course on Linux.

You don't need a router...

Just, obviously, if you need more clients, you can build more tunnels or set your computer to act as a router  : )

Message 5 of 6
MacInTheNet
Aspirant

sorry! I didn't see your post!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements