Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't connect my WNR2000 to my DGND3700 via WPS.

cyberaww
Aspirant

Can't connect my WNR2000 to my DGND3700 via WPS.

I just purchased the DGND3700 for my office to use a a dsl modem and router combo. I have it connect and internet is working fine and I have connected my 4 pcs wireless to the 3700. My problem is in the office the signal was to weak for 2 of our pcc to connect so I was told to use my old WNR2000 router as a repeater to extend the wireless range of my network.

I was told not to use the wireless repeating option for this do to weak security and to use the WPS function to connect the 2 together. This is where the problem is I tried every way listed I could find in the support page and googling it and can't get these 2 to talk to each other. I used the hard button method, the soft button method, and even entering the pin in direct and it just keeps getting timed out. Is there a walk through for dummies that I missed.

I tried letting it auto set it up I even manually entered in the SSID and security in the WNR2000 to match the 3700 still nothing. I'm not sure if I did everything right I dont know if they need to be connected via a ethernet cable or if it can be done wireless I tried both ways there must just be something I'm not shutting down or turning on. Not sure is DNS server should be on both or just the 3700 modem I changed the ip of the WNR2000 to 192.168.2.1 so the didn't conflict with each other maybe thats it any help would be great...
Message 1 of 3
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Can't connect my WNR2000 to my DGND3700 via WPS.

I was told not to use the wireless repeating option for this do to weak security and to use the WPS function to connect the 2 together.

no... you can use Wifi device that has WPS can connect or extender products such as wn2000rpt, wn3000rp, wnce2001,wnce3001

if wnr2000 is V2 or V3 model then you can wirelessly connect to 3700 with encryption but you will LOSSE the performance and encryption (54Mbps/ WEP)

So suggest is to use above extend model instead to JOIN the existing to keep the encryption at WPA2
Message 2 of 3
cyberaww
Aspirant

Re: Can't connect my WNR2000 to my DGND3700 via WPS.

Thanks will do that.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7