Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Compiling the toolchain (DGND3700v2)

neil_townsend
Aspirant

Compiling the toolchain (DGND3700v2)

I've just picked up a DGND3700v2 and, nspired by @richud I thought I'd have a go at building the firmare. I have downloaded the toolchain and source from http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2649/~/netgear-open-source-code-for-programmers-(gpl) and set up a ubuntu (10) environment to have a go.

However, simply unpacking the packages, and then unpacking the toolchain, and then trying 'make menuconfig' and 'make' fails:

/usr/bin/make -j1 -C /usr/src/buildroot-4.4.2-1/output/toolchain/uClibc-0.9.29 \
                ARCH="mips" \
                PREFIX=/usr/src/buildroot-4.4.2-1/output/toolchain/uClibc_dev/ \
                DEVEL_PREFIX=/usr/ \
                RUNTIME_PREFIX=/usr/src/buildroot-4.4.2-1/output/toolchain/uClibc_dev/ \
                HOSTCC="/usr/bin/gcc" \
                oldconfig
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/buildroot-4.4.2-1/output/toolchain/uClibc-0.9.29'
install -d include/bits
/bin/sh: /opt/toolchains/uclibc-crosstools-gcc-4.4.2-1-with-ftw/usr/bin/mips-linux-uclibc-gcc: not found

It seems to be looking for a version of gcc that I would have expected it to build, but it hasn't built it yet. menu-config has gcc ticked!!

I'm probably missing something, any hints on how to get this ball rolling?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
neil_townsend
Aspirant

Re: Compiling the toolchain (DGND3700v2)

OK, it turns out that the file structure as shipped isn't clean. You need to unpack it, do a make distclean, and then start from scratch, setting all the parameters etc.

Message 2 of 3
neil_townsend
Aspirant

Re: Compiling the toolchain (DGND3700v2)

I have now succeeded in doing this, Please see https://community.netgear.com/t5/DSL-Modems-Routers/Compiling-the-toolchain-for-the-DGND3700v2/m-p/1... for details on how to do so.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7