Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D6300 Wireless Isolation issue - still live in 2016

ddregs
Aspirant

D6300 Wireless Isolation issue - still live in 2016

Hi all

after 2 years spent waiting for Netgear to release a firmware that solves this issue, I decided in december to open another issue (the first one was "solved" by support releasing a 1.0.0.24TEST firmware that solves the wireless isolation issue, otherwise always on) and am still waiting on them to release an updated FW version, since I am relying on an unpatched firmware version on a network device exposed all day on the internet with port forwarding etc.

Every time I bump the support request up I get the usual standard response "as soon as we'll have news we will update you, our engineers are working on the issue" but that smells like nothing has been done til today.

Every single post on this subject here has been closed due to inactivity and time passed by, so I was wondering if any other of you with the same issue has ever received any FW update for D6300.

We are now stuck on release 1.0.0.96 , with a load of bug fixed and patches, that cannot be installed due to wireless not working.

Should I sell the modem/router and go for another brand at last? 

Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: D6300 Wireless Isolation issue - still live in 2016

Hello ddregs

I have not heard of when a firmware will be released for the D6300. But you said the wireless is not working is that because of the 1.0.0.96 firmware or are you on a older firmware?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
w3wilkes
Prodigy

I'm curious why wireless not working would keep updated firmware from being installed? It is my understanding that firmware updates should always be done over a physical LAN ethernet connection. I've heard lots of stories about devices being "bricked" from firmware updates that were attempted over a wireless connection.

Message 3 of 5
dhung
Aspirant

I'm one of the early adopter also suffering from the exact same problem OP had 2+ years ago

I open a ticket with Netgear and was given Beta Firmware D6300-V1.0.0.24-TEST, and still using it now.

Wireless works, what OP means is it's not properly functional as devices access via wirelss won't be able to see any share deviced on the network

Have a look at this older post, it tells you what problem we face for the past 2+ years.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Wired-Routers/D6300-Wireless-isolation-issue/m-p/504084#M8439

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2159207

Message 4 of 5
nothappynow
Aspirant

I am also having this problem. I thought it was my other hardware causing the problem and just lived with it. After getting sick of just living it i came across these forums mentioning 1.0.0.24test firmware which i would love to try out. Now to my problem, I have contacted customer support to try and get this firmware, but because i am out of warranty they refuse to do anything for me unless i pay for extened warranty. Should i have to pay for extended warranty when from what i can see is a fault with thier product which has been around for many years and not addressed?Over the years I have bought many netgear products and held them in high regards but thanks to the great help i have received it will be my last.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7