Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D6400 and V1.0.0.86 upgrade

Prussell
Aspirant

D6400 and V1.0.0.86 upgrade

Just a heads up to Netgear, I did the latest V1.0.0.86 upgrade. And since then it drops support of the wireless 2.4 Ghz service. Just a heads up. Can reboot the router and 2.4 Ghz stays up for a maybe an hour and is then not visible on several devices. Will revert back to previous firmware. New as of 12/30/16. Hoping not an end of life issue.
Model: D6400|AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router|802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Re: D6400 and V1.0.0.86 upgrade

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

This is a nuisance because you then have to reconfigure the device all over again.

You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will know if the reset fixed the problem.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

This is a nuisance because you then have to reconfigure the device all over again.

You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will know if the reset fixed the problem.

Message 2 of 3
Prussell
Aspirant

My thanks to michaelkenward.
I performed the factory default process and reload of the newest firmware and now have both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands. Thanks again for your reply. First time that happened with a firmware upgrade, so a pretty good batting average for Netgear.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7