Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D6400 firmware via Genie 1.0.1.22?

M-B
Apprentice
Apprentice

D6400 firmware via Genie 1.0.1.22?

After having some issues with my D6400 rebooting sporadically (about once every 2 to 3 weeks) I performed a factory reset.

I set it up via the web page interface and all went well. At one point it checked for firmware updates and found none (current being 1.0.0.44).

I then used the Genie software to enable parental controls and noticed this application said there was a firmware update to 1.0.1.22.

I can find no mention of this anywhere! Is this a bug in the Genie application (Mac) or signs of a new version soon to arrive?

Model: D6400|AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router|802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions

Re: D6400 firmware via Genie 1.0.1.22?

@M-B wrote:
Is this a bug in the Genie application (Mac) or signs of a new version soon to arrive?

Not sure where the bug resides, but I see the same thing in the Windows Genie.

That firmware is the one that shipped with the D6400. There have been several since then.

You have the latest. Ignore that misleading message.

The 1.0.0.44 is not that old, January this year, so I wouldn't expect a new one soon, if ever.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies

Re: D6400 firmware via Genie 1.0.1.22?

@M-B wrote:
Is this a bug in the Genie application (Mac) or signs of a new version soon to arrive?

Not sure where the bug resides, but I see the same thing in the Windows Genie.

That firmware is the one that shipped with the D6400. There have been several since then.

You have the latest. Ignore that misleading message.

The 1.0.0.44 is not that old, January this year, so I wouldn't expect a new one soon, if ever.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7