Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7800 Firmware discontinued?

hawkerpaul
Tutor

D7800 Firmware discontinued?

Has this model been discontinued with regards to firmware updates?

The latest I can find is still Version 1.0.1.16 which was released August last year I believe, and this version proved to be very buggy for me and others on this formum (not downloading QOS DB, not getting internet time) and I've had to remain on 1.0.0.48 as this one seems to be the most stable, so I'm running on firmware over a year old.

My question to you NETGEAR is are there any updates planned in the short term for the D7800?

Considering this is a premium-end router, I would have thought there would be far more regular firmware updates.

Thanks

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: D7800 Firmware discontinued?

Iv'e given up on netgear, support don't even reply on forums anymore. To ASUS I go!

Message 2 of 8

You did not wait very long before between those messages.

Support does respond here, but they sometimes have to consult other people if they want answers that aren't immediately obvious.

Good luck with Asus. It makes good hardware, although the LAN socket just died on my new motherboard..

I hope you checked its self support forum before you decided what to buy.

Message 3 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Netgear are the same with all of their modems, they just abandon them, but there routers have decent firmware they work fine... ASUS even for there modem/routers, release around 1-2 firmware updates a MONTH. The last update for the D7800 was back in August so 9 months ago and the unit is far form perfect and the lastest firmware is unstable on the DSL side. Great hardware let down by **bleep** firmware, as always. Expected a lot more for a £270 device.

Message 4 of 8

@Retired_Member wrote:

ASUS even for there modem/routers, release around 1-2 firmware updates a MONTH.

Perhaps Asus should try harder to get it right first time. (tee hee)

Message 5 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

At least they try and don't abandon their own products. (tee hee)
Message 6 of 8
w3wilkes
Prodigy

| Perhaps Asus should try harder to get it right first time. (tee hee)

Better than Netgear just abandoning the firmware when they don't get it right!

Message 7 of 8
c64tm
Aspirant

The latest firmware is stable for me, except that the router reports false DDOS attacks continuously.

It does work on FTTN, with iiNet and Aussiebroadband in Australia, but the constant false DDOS attacks are just ridiculous.

Netgear should at least fix the current issues people are having, even if they don't add new features.

Can somebody from netgear please answer us here... we know your reading...

Would be good if we could also get onto a chat session with you guys to ask questions direct, instead of waiting for ages on the forum...

I don't see why we need to pay support for faulty firmware problems.. Please fix current issues.

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7