Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGN2200 as wireless access point

IanC
Aspirant

DGN2200 as wireless access point

Ok, so here's the scenario. I bought 2 DGN2200v3 adsl routers to cover wireless connectivity in a large house as they were on offer and a cheaper solution to buying a separate wireless access point plus router. The routers are connected via powerline ethernet. I was hoping i could configure one router as a wireless access point but i'm getting no dhcp throughput to the wireless devices connected to the second router. Manually assigning ip's works fine but isn't an option. Also repeating isn't an option either. Is there a work around for this or do i need to buy a dedicated wireless access point? Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: DGN2200 as wireless access point

Message 2 of 7
IanC
Aspirant

Quote-
'Potential Issues

1. DHCP configuration may not work reliably because the wireless router/access point may not correctly relay DHCP information from the router. Workaround: Use static IPs on the wireless PCs. '

Ok, so what you're really saying is 'No there isn't a workaround. Buy a wireless access point' !

Cheers.
Message 3 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

setup 2nd unit as access point and it will work
Message 4 of 7
stacyl61
Aspirant

I have a DGN2200 setup as a 2nd router/access point as shown @ the link June provided. The access point is working fine and I have internet connection.
However, I cannot access the //readyshare USB hard drive or login to the DGN2200. Help would be appreciated!

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/965
Message 5 of 7
Dingo75
Aspirant

Hi the link is not available anymore, can someone please repost a link. Thanks
Message 6 of 7
netwrks
Master

http://www.netgear.com/support/ - You can find your router under  DSL Modems and Routers

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7