Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGN2200v3: How Do I Setup a Second Computer to Access the Internet With my Netgear Router?

eloisjackson25
Follower

DGN2200v3: How Do I Setup a Second Computer to Access the Internet With my Netgear Router?

Netgear Router N300 Wireless ADSL2 + Modem Router DGN2200v3: I have setup a second computer in my home. It is a Windows 7. I am having a problem with the 2nd computer not accessing the Internet correctly. Whenever I use Windows 7 (second computer), the internet connection causes my Netgear router to be constantly, I mean constantly, reconfigured. The router goes offline and I have to call my ISP provider for a "change of password" to access the internet. My Netgear router always looses connection whenever I use the second computer. QUESTION: How to I configure my Windows 7 (second computer) so that it does not interfere with my primary computer when accessing the Internet? The Windows 7 computer is WiFi capable. PLEASE HELP !!
Message 1 of 2
antinode
Guru

Re: DGN2200v3: How Do I Setup a Second Computer to Access the Internet With my Netgear Router?

> Netgear Router N300 Wireless ADSL2 + Modem Router DGN2200v3: [...]

Firmware version?

> a second computer [...] Windows 7.

What about the first computer?

> My Netgear router always [loses] connection whenever I use the second
> computer.

Whether or not the first computer is connected?

> The Windows 7 computer is WiFi capable.

Is it connected wirelessly?  How is the first computer connected?

If you could connect both computers with Ethernet cables, then we
might learn whether the problem lies with the computer configuration(s)
or with something wireless-related.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7