Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGN2200v4 ADSL router change settings to allow google chromecast to connect

LesleyH
Follower

DGN2200v4 ADSL router change settings to allow google chromecast to connect

Hi,

I need help to change two settings on this modem router.

1. To DISABLE Access Point isolation

2. ENABLE Universal plug and play

I spoke to the Netgear support and was told I would get an email with some troubleshooting instructions but I haven't got one and is not worth my money to pay $140 for support (might as well buy a new modem or get an IT expert to come do it for me). I've read the user manual and it only has instuctions on ENABLING acess point isolation and DISABLING universal plug and play. Frustrating that it can be this difficult to get help to click a few buttons. 

Thanks for any assistance,

Lesley 

Model: DGN2200v4|N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: DGN2200v4 ADSL router change settings to allow google chromecast to connect

@LesleyH wrote:

Hi,

I need help to change two settings on this modem router.

1. To DISABLE Access Point isolation

2. ENABLE Universal plug and play

There is a manual for the DGN2200v4 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> DGN2200v4 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

But something tells me that you don't really need to do that stuff to get a Chromecast to connect. (I didn't.) If so, there would be a steady flow of similar requests.

@LesleyH wrote:

I spoke to the Netgear support ...

Unlikely. Who did you call? If it was one of those sites found with a web search, then there is a high probability that it has nothing to do with Netgear.

Many of those listing are from third-party sites that pay to appear in the search engines. They then create sites that "borrow" the Netgear logo.

Those sites will also appear if you search for other makes of hardware. Using them can be dangerous.

Netgear itself does not provide paid for support. It farms that out to GearHead Technical Support.

GearHead Support

GearHead does not offer a support plan for $75 .

Netgear's support is limited to 90 days. You get that by registering your device and starting the process on the MyNetgear site.

By the way, the DGN2200v4 is seriously old, with the first version dating back to 2011.

According to Netgear's manual for this device the LAN and WAN support only 10BASE-T or 100BASE-TX. That makes it slower than many newer internet services and most modern network hardware. This may not matter to you, but be warned that it will hobble you if you ever sign up for faster Internet. It also slows down whatever is going on in your local network. Newer devices support 1000BASE-TX.

It also does not provide 5 GHz wifi.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7