Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DGND3700v2 / PS3

ardennnnn
Aspirant

DGND3700v2 / PS3

Recently bought a DGND3700v2 router. My previous router was a D Link one, which i never had any issues with on my PS3.

In the house there are 2 PC's, 2 iPod's, 2 mobile phones, 1 TV and the PS3 that are all connected to the router. The PS3 is the only device that has any problems with the connection.

If i am trying to watch a film on Lovefilm the PS3 it will say insufficient bandwidth quite a lot of the time or when trying to play a game online it will be all jerky. Now as before the PS3 was fine on the old router. Whilst it is struggling to play a film on Lovefilm, i can go on my pc and go on YouTube and it will play it instantly without any problems.

I have set up a static IP for the PS3. I have set it up as the default DMZ server.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problems or knows a way to solve this?
Message 1 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

You forgot to mention ned the network method for PS3 and PC

Both wired or wireless?
Message 2 of 6
ardennnnn
Aspirant

Hi,

Both are wireless. Always have been, never had issues withe the d link router with wireless.
Message 3 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Could be difference in the router change.

Have you try different wireless mode in the router settings (ex. 300Mbps, 150Mbps etc)
Message 4 of 6
ProjectVRD
Aspirant

Strange, I have never had this problem with my PS3 and DGND3700. For note, the PS3 never needed to be put into a DMZ neither as it worked flawlessly with the PnP. Mind you, if it all possible always connect the PS3 via the wired method as their is no wireless product for the mass market that will deliver the adequate ping you will desire.
Message 5 of 6
ardennnnn
Aspirant

I have tried different wireless mode settings and still the same. I did try connecting it using the wired method and that seemed to be more stable.

What i will do is try the PS3 round a mates house, at least then i will be able to eliminate if it is the PS3's wifi that is faulty or if it is the router.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7