Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware update to support VDLS2 profile 30a for the modem/router D6400?

Florian83
Aspirant

Firmware update to support VDLS2 profile 30a for the modem/router D6400?

Dear colleagues,

I am using a D6400 modem/router with a VDSL2 connection to the FFTB provider (M-net, Munich Germany). My ISP provider (M-net) requests the VDSL2  profile 30a (for 100MBit) to be used.

I bought the netgear router as it says "Supports all VDSL2 profiles: 8a, 8b, 8c, 8d, 12a, 12b, and 17a". Unfortunately it does not support the profile 30a which limits data traffic to 50MBit.

Please advice, if I should send back the router to Netgear or if there is a firmware update existing or upcoming that will bring the additional support not exsiting today. (Currently using version 1.0.0.56).

Kind Regards

Florian

Model: D6400|AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router|802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 3
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Re: Firmware update to support VDLS2 profile 30a for the modem/router D6400?

From Netgears past performance in providing these type updates for consumer level devices I'd send the device back and look for something that specifically supports your desired profile.

Message 2 of 3
Florian83
Aspirant

Re: Firmware update to support VDLS2 profile 30a for the modem/router D6400?

Thanks for the response, currently I got the VDSL line working on the profile 17a however I am failing at the next step and am not getting an IP adress.

According to my ISP i only need the following information to make my internet running.

PPP-User:        X.....@mdsl.mnet-online.de

ppp-Password: ..............

IP Protokoll: IPv6 DS-Lite

VLAN ID: 40

AFTR Adresse: aftr. prod.m-online.net

The logfiles of my ISP say that I am being authenticated, however my router does not show an IP adesss and the logfiles just have some MAC adress communication. What am I missing?

And the next step would be setting up a DS-Lite connection, unfortunately there is nothing in the manual nor in the fourms about this. Is the D6400 router even capable of doing this?

Model: D6400|AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router|802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7