Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

IPv6 Firewall V7610 (aka Telstra Gateway Pro)

Pikey18AU
Aspirant

IPv6 Firewall V7610 (aka Telstra Gateway Pro)

Does anyone know how to open ports on the IPv6 firewall on the Netgear V7610?

Forced to use this device for the Telstra provided LTE backup and regardless of what I change I cannot use IPv6 to access my server externally.

I have a /56 subnet pointed at my connection and using the first /64 in that for my LAN.

Note the ISP is not blocking it - can switch back to my ASUS RT-AC68U and my server is remotely accessible on IPv6 again.

Message 1 of 6

Re: IPv6 Firewall V7610 (aka Telstra Gateway Pro)

@Pikey18AU wrote:

Does anyone know how to open ports on the IPv6 firewall on the Netgear V7610?

V7610? Neither Netgear's system nor Google finds that as a Netgear model number.

If it is something cooked up for Telstra, you'll probably have to ask them for help, or use their support forum.

Perhaps the manual here would help:

>>>> Solved: Telstra Gateway Pro V7610 - how to setup QoS - Telstra Crowdsupport - 637951 <<<<

It doesn't look like anything Netgear makes.

Message 2 of 6
Pikey18AU
Aspirant

It's a Netgear product designed for Telstra.

I have already contacted Telstra Business support and this is from them:

I’ve coordinated with our BOH Tester and was advised that we cannot log a fault case with Netgear regarding the IPv6 inbound firewall not allowing ports to be opened. You may contact them directly to assist you further with the advanced settings as what we only have on our end is the basic settings on the modem.

I have called Netgear and they didn't know anything about the model or serial number. I get the impression that Telstra has to provide the support but is going to be hard based on the above reply.

Photo of router label

Router Web Interface

Message 3 of 6

One of those "made for an ISP" boxes. Netgear does quite a bit of that, but as you have found it does not support them here.

As this is a generic issue, maybe looking for something similar with Netgear's "official" devices might help.

Perhaps one of the real network experts here will step in with help.

It is a bit pathetic that Telstra can't help or at least have a better way into Netgear. Seems like they are washing their hands of your reasonable request.
Message 4 of 6

Of the devices in Netgear's range, only the C6250 and C6300 refer to the  IPv6 firewall.

These are cable modems, so that may be an area to investigate.

Message 5 of 6
Pikey18AU
Aspirant

Interestingly there is an IPv6 firewall page but regardless of what I set on it nothiing seems to change:

Firewall Page

Re the post above the device is a ADSL2/VDSL2 router. Will look into the info more though it might have something useful.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7