Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet connection via ethernet ports

robel
Initiate

Internet connection via ethernet ports

I have setup my AC1200 (model d6220) and can connect via WiFi to my ISP for internet browsing but when I connect a PC or laptop via cable to one of the four ethernet ports I get 'server not found'!  Rebooted everything but no joy.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Roger

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
robel
Initiate

Re: Internet connection via ethernet ports

Hi.  Found the answer to my cable internet connection problem!  When I set the modem/router up I used the fixed primary and secondary DNS addresses that the ISP (talktalk) gave me. Under these conditions only my android phone would browse via WiFI, even my laptop would not work over WiFi or cable.

I have just changed the DNS setting to 'obtain DNS adresses automatically from your ISP' and now it browses well via WiFi or cable.  I believe certain DNS range adresses can be outside standard computer recognition?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
GrantF
Aspirant

I am experiencing a similar issues where my LAN ports are extremely slow to the point of being unusable, but my Wi-Fi performance is not affected. I have lodged a support ticket with NetGear and I will post any progress I make.

Model: R6220|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 2 of 3
robel
Initiate

Hi.  Found the answer to my cable internet connection problem!  When I set the modem/router up I used the fixed primary and secondary DNS addresses that the ISP (talktalk) gave me. Under these conditions only my android phone would browse via WiFI, even my laptop would not work over WiFi or cable.

I have just changed the DNS setting to 'obtain DNS adresses automatically from your ISP' and now it browses well via WiFi or cable.  I believe certain DNS range adresses can be outside standard computer recognition?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7