Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is my DGND3700v2 – N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router NBN ready?

Charliegutzache
Follower

Is my DGND3700v2 – N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router NBN ready?

I would like to know is my netgear modem/router Australian NBN ready, if not what should l get to replace my current one, Netgear17 N600-WiFi Modem Router Model: DGND3700v2

Message 1 of 8

Re: Is my DGND3700v2 – N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router NBN ready?

Message 2 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Is my DGND3700v2 – N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router NBN ready?

I looked at this yesterday and from the specs listed on your routers spec sheet it has a gigabit wan port and fiber ready

3700.png

Message 3 of 8

Sorry, but I don't understand how having a WAN port relates to ADSL2+ and NBN. Maybe Charliegutzache will be equally puzzled.

Are you saying plug the ADSL link into the WAN socket?

Message 4 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

The DGND3700v2 has DUAL input.. it has ADSL and a seperate WAN input... read the spec sheet and or look at the pictures.

Message 5 of 8

So what?

What does having a WAN and ADSL port have to do with using ADSL2+ and NBN?

I'm sure that you know the answers, but we aren't all as intelligent as you are and need guidance on what to do with the invaluable information you provide.

I realise that it is easy to use shorthand when the same question turns up for the umpteenth time, but every newcomer is just that, a newcomer. They don't have the same background knowledge that you have garnered over the years.

Let's simplify it.

Can Charliegutzache plug the ADSL2+ NBN connection into the ADSL2+ input on the DGND3700v2 and connect to the Internet?

Message 6 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Try reading what you post.

The National Broadband Network (NBN) is an initiative started by the Australian government as a way of improving landline phones and Internet networks so that no matter where you live in Australia, you can access fast and reliable Internet services.

NBN offers these types of connections: 

• Fiber to the Premises (FTTP) and Fiber to the Home (FTTH). Fiber optic cable is run from the ISP to your home directly either through the ground or using overhead lines. FTTP or FTTH typically uses a Gigabit Ethernet port in the wall or a fiber modem to which you connect your device.
    You can use a NETGEAR DSL modem router, such as the D3600, D6000, D6100, D6200, D6300, D6400, D7000, or D7800, or one of our home routers, such as R6300, R6400, R7000, R8000, or R8500.
Message 7 of 8

I did, but it does not answer the question.

What plug goes where?

Is this the key bit?

FTTP or FTTH typically uses a Gigabit Ethernet port in the wall or a fiber modem to which you connect your device.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7