Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need recommendation for repeater/extender for my ATT DSL Modem

sr97355
Tutor

Need recommendation for repeater/extender for my ATT DSL Modem

My large home (>3500 sq ft) is hard wired, which was not a problem until recently.  Wireless connectivity is iffy in the bedrooms (due to distance from ATT DSL modem 7550).  The DSL modem cannot be relocated.  It is located on 2nd floor south side of house--next to the wired network distribution panel.  Bedrooms are located on 1st floor and on the north side of the house.  All bedrooms and family areas have a network drop.  I use MAC filtering on my router/modem.

Looking for recommendations on device(s) to provide better wireless signal to the bedroom.  i would prefer to keep my MAC filtering and also to connect the extender/repeater to my DSL modem via ethernet cable.  Several first floor ports are available to use this way.

Wireless devices include iPhone, Android, Kindle Fire, Windows Phone, Windows 7 laptop.  Hardwired devices are Windows 7 computers.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Need recommendation for repeater/extender for my ATT DSL Modem

Hello Sr97355

Any of our extenders that have a Ethernet connection on them should work for you if you connect them via Ethernet you can set them to AP mode and have full coverage in your home.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7